Investment Opportunities for Value-Added Food Products
The aim is to accelerate the sustainable development process of several Chilean territories through the promotion of Greenfield foreign direct investments opportunities. Therefore, the challenge is to link the supply of high potential investments opportunities with the demand of impact investors around the world.
Value-Added Food Products consider those products of a country’s primary sector of (agriculture, livestock, forestry and fishing) that, through a productive process, are subject to some type of modification. Some of the most relevant aims of this modification process are: to extend food products shelf life, add vitamin and protein properties, or to sell them to the final consumers in a ready-to-eat presentation.
There is existence a great potential for developing the industry of the Value-Added Food Products in the south of Chile. The largest part of the region’s production – likewise, the production from the country – does not go through a modification process, which could make it more attractive, more efficient, more sustainable, and more profitable.
The food sectors that are being promoted are:
- Honey and its by-products.
- Dairy Products
- Sea Products
- Meat Products
Bio-patrimonial food products: are autochthonous products, which present unique characteristics. These products develop such peculiarities and comparative advantages principally due to:
- The existence of a unique ecosystem in the region.
- The country’s geographic isolation, which makes it a healthy island, decreasing the incidence of pests and diseases.
The idea is to invite a selected group of international companies/investors to invest, mostly from the areas of technological processes (supplements and nutraceutical food), biotechnology and new market partners, mainly those focused on the bio and super food business.
Why invest in Chile?
- The country’s macroeconomic and institutional stability provides guarantees and security for investors.
- The industry’s development is strongly supported by the Chilean government (Strategic Investment Fund, CORFO`s Invest Chile Program).
- Free trade agreements with more than 80% of the world’s GDP; low or zero tariffs provide access to multiple global markets.
- Off-season fruit production for Northern Hemisphere countries; access the largest markets in the world.
- Producers can access top quality prices due to the renowned quality of Chilean fruits.
- European companies possibility to use Chile as a platform for exportation to other regions with which the country has commercial agreements